You’re missing something and you know it, you’re just not sure what.
The novelty of this world has faded and you’ve realized even people you thought were ‘good’ do bad things. You realize nothing lasts and we are all going to die. You are disillusioned and are depressed and you ask, “what’s the point” and “is this all there is?” You try to find meaning in relationships and what you do, and you always come up feeling empty. Why?
It’s because you were made to have communion with God. But there’s a problem, you can’t have this fellowship with God with the sin you’ve done. Don’t worry, there’s a solution.
I’ve been entrusted with this great news and I don’t want to be a stingy steward of what I’ve been given, so I share this with you out of love…I hope you make a decision today.
- We are all born selfish and rebellious against our Creator.
- This rebellion makes us feel empty, lost and lonely because we are not fulfilling our purpose in life and we are disconnected from God with a fractured relationship caused by our sin.
- We are disobedient and the walking dead, being led by evil. We feel empty and try to fill that ‘blank space’ with worldly pursuits and numb ourselves with drugs, alcohol, relationships or other temptations.
- We are not children of God, but children of wrath.
- God in His mercy, reached out to you and provided an innocent substitute to bear the penalty for your sin.
- That substitute was His own Son Jesus Christ, who willingly died on the cross in your place, rising again in accordance with the eternal plan whereby God had graciously decided to save His own enemies.
- Even if you have no interest in Him, God is seeking you out, and through His Holy Spirit, can create the faith you need to embrace His gift for you.
- When God saves you, He frees you from your penalty of your sin, and saves you from slavery to sin, granting you access to the power necessary to say ‘no’ to sin’s temptations.
- Repentance and Faith. If you experience conviction because you know you are guilty of this rebellion, you can:
- Confess of your sins and turn from them and believe Jesus Christ came to save you from your sins and commit Jesus as Lord of your life. Admit that you need His help.
- Your death must precede God’s breath. Don’t just follow Jesus to the cross, but to crucifixion. You must be born again to enter the kingdom of God. This means you die to your old way of living. As you follow the convictions of the Holy Spirit to stop committing sin, He will change you from the inside out. You will now make decisions based on love not legalistic laws.
- You are forgiven of past sins and you must continue to walk in repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. You will still be tempted to sin and you are not perfect and will need to daily ask for God’s forgiveness–the difference is you don’t WANT to sin anymore. Have patience with yourself. Your role is to practice righteous living and God will perfect the work He is doing in you until the day Christ returns. Every time you confess, know you have been cleansed and forgiven: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
- Remain dead in your sin. You can continue in sin and fill your ‘blank space’ with worldly passions and lusts that will never fulfill, but will leave you empty, lost and lonely and ultimately dead with eternal separation from God. This world only offers fleeting temporal happiness. You were made for so much more…
The decision is yours….but so are the consequences.
I’m praying for you dear reader. You won’t have peace until you have the missing piece–His name is Jesus Christ.